Many have asked if I will be leading a 2012 PhD Challenge soon. Well, sad to say and somewhat embarrassed, I've decided to give it a rest this coming year... If I can't even seem to get the rest of my committed PhDs from 2011 completed yet, what would be the point of committing to more PhDs for 2012... (and I seem to have been creating more this past year too yet!)
Perhaps just a challenge for those of us with the remaining "157 committed PhDs from 2011" would be in order... Lets get those done in the first half of 2012, and then consider putting out a new 2012 PhD Challenge for the second half of the year for more commitments, and add in new participants...?
What say you?
Myra
14 comments:
Sounds like a good idea to me ... I still have 2 PhD's to go.
I think you have to do what you need to for your sanity. For me, I was planning on "rolling over" my 2011 PhD's to 2012 & adding those other few I started this year. I understand it's a lot to host this, though you do such a nice job.
I support you whatever you decide. :)
I agree!! I completed most of the backlog with your challenge, so I"m in good shape. Have a wonderful holiday season! And thanks for the push this year to get those projects done. One is hanging on my wall now for the holidays. Couldn't have done it without you.
I am game for that - I still feel bad for not getting ANY of my PHD's done.... but still starting new things....... so, yes!! I am recomitting to this challange!! My first order of business is to get the 4 projects done that I said I would get done ASAP!!
(Considering I started counting my UFO"s and I am in the late 30's right now.... oh, common!! admit it - I have close to 50 of these things hanging around and I HAVE TO GET THEM DONE!!!!) so why am I not doing them???!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I finished half of my listed PhD's last year, before my life imploded, and I'd LOVE to finish up the rest. Count me in!!
Sounds good to me Myra!
I was going to roll mine over to 2012 new year, new list with old quilts, and new ones too on it. So whatever you need to do to keep your life in check. I am going to keep plugging along with getting mine to the "needs to be quilted" pile. That is where most of mine are sitting right now.
As someone who didn't get any of my committed PHDs done (although one came pretty close), I am all for that! It was what I had planned to do any way so I appreciate the opportunity to try to keep nipping at my old promises and get them done.
And for those who would like to add NEW PHDs to their list for 2012, there is always Judy Laquidara's UFO challenge at the Patchwork Times blog. That one is a little tougher in that you have to commit a list of projects and then work on the one with the number she draws each month.
Heck I might do both (she says ever hopeful that she can actually keep her word on a quilt promise)!
life threw some curveballs at me and I didnt finish anything last year, I'd be game to re-committing to those, but not adding any new ones!
Sounds great to me. I'd love to get my four remaining PhDs off my back over the next 6 months. Count me in.
I am embarrassed to say I never knew what your PhD Challenge was! I should have taken part and definitely will whenever you do it again!
Your idea sounds awesome Myra. I never completed my rag quilts...absolutely no time over the summer as I started a new job, and since then, we bought my son a new bed...orginally the reason for making these quilts..so I will still make them, but a bit differently since they are now for a spare guest room rather than for my son :) Please count me in!!
Same boat... creating myself more PHD's lol... and did finish some of the last challenge .. just have to post soon... your awesome Myra thanks for last one...
Your plan sounds good to me! I hope to finish my remaining PHD this next year! Thanks to this past years challenge, my Snowman Christmas quilt is now on my extra bed!!
Post a Comment