SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED! SORRY...
I looked at the calendar today. What!?!
I looked at the calendar today. What!?!
Christmas is less than 4 weeks away!?! Wow!
Time has flown by so fast for me this year...
Gee! Wonder why!?!
Surgery on my mother, DD1's Wed and all that goes with that, surgery on my father, DD2's Wed and all that goes with again... to name a few, cause there was lots more!!!
Whew... still breathing, still sane! Life's good! 8-)
Now, Christmas is coming...
Surgery on my mother, DD1's Wed and all that goes with that, surgery on my father, DD2's Wed and all that goes with again... to name a few, cause there was lots more!!!
Whew... still breathing, still sane! Life's good! 8-)
Now, Christmas is coming...
I don't have to try to much to keep things low key for the up coming festive season, cause I've never been one for getting into all the fluff that goes along with it... Every year is like "It will be what it will be" and I don't stress too much... 8-)
Now, I have been thinking about hosting another PhD Challenge
So, when you have a breather in between all the season's festivities, perhaps you could think about joining me once again, and decide which "Projects half Done" items you might commit to finishing for yourself...
Too make room for all those new projects you've been thinking about, and wanting to make... 8-)
Too make room for all those new projects you've been thinking about, and wanting to make... 8-)
The challenge will run from January 1st to June 30th, 2011...
Perhaps a New Year's resolution...?
I'm aiming to get at least 6 done for myself during that time...
Join me? 8-)
Myra
************************************
PS: Feel free to put my PhD Challenge button on your sidebar with a link to this post. The more participants the merrier!!! 8-)
PPS: Please quilters, when you sign on, I need your name, and the ## of PhDs you are committing to. This will save me from waiting for an email response with that info before listing you.
PPS: Please quilters, when you sign on, I need your name, and the ## of PhDs you are committing to. This will save me from waiting for an email response with that info before listing you.
28 comments:
Hi Myra - please sign me up - hoping this commitment will get me going in the new year !
Hi Myra: I would like to be signed up. I hope to do four.
Hi Myra, I saw your challenge when I first visited. I felt it was too much for a newbie like me, but I have a pretty good start, just waiting for the holidays to be over to settle down. I want to sign up for 1 project, as I start my Christmas gift making in June. The reason I decided to do this is 1) your invite and 2) gives me someone to be accountable to.LOL. I blog with several quilters and just sit back and watch. Gotta go for it.
QMM
I would like to be part of this challenge too, please.
Suzanne-3
minousminute.blogspot.com
I've got 4 monkeys I'd like to get off my back ...Sign me up please! This sounds like a fun way to get some things done.
(Sarcastic Quilter sent me on over )
I found my way here! Count me in!!
I've got a pile but think I'll commit to four as one is quite big..so sign me up looking forward to it
I have a few projects that I need to get finished I'm sure... Please count me in!
I'd like to do this too! I have 5 projects to complete. Mrs. Pyjamas sent me.
Hi Myra,
I'd like to join too. Although I have more, I'm only committing to two. Life has a way of slowing me down. Mrs. Pyjamas sent me your way.
I've debated about this, and I'd like to sign up for your challenge, if it's still open. I have a lot of PhDs, but I'll commit to finishing 2 in the time allotted.
Cecelia
I'm here because the amazingly famous Mrs. P sent me on over. I'm committing to finish three Ph.D's. Thanks for a great challenge.
xo -Elizabeth
this is a great idea! count me in please, i have 3 phd's i would like to have finished, cant wait to see all the finished works, thanks!
Hi, Myra! I've got five Ph.D. projects I'd like to finish next year! Maybe this will help....
Alright, I am biting the bullet too. I saw your challenge on a friend's blog and I need a kick in the pants. I am committing to 3 but plan on 5 (this doesn't count the 7 tops I need to quilt).
Hi, I'd like to sign up. I have 3 phd's that I'd like to fnish up...
I have 4 unfinished projects that I want to get done. I will be gone for almost 4 weeks, of the first half of the year, so have to hold back a bit. That is a conservative number. I have about a zillion projects in my mind and a half dozen unfinished bagged up and waiting patiently.
I do not have a blog, so haven't passed the challenge on. :(
I read about our challenge from Jilly, and I am IN!
how many phds do I have? lets just say lots! I hope to get sewing right after Christmas and I hope I will get so many done that my finished quilts will be Christmas gifts for 2011. I think I would rather sew gifts than shop for gifts.
After a bunch of soul searching and closet diving, I've come up with 3 PhD's I'd like to finish in the first half of next year. So count me in too.
Mrs. Pajamas directions got me here.
I have decided to join in. I really need to empty some of the PhD totes that I have collected. I will commit to 5.
Hi Myra
I would love to join the party. If I cannot finish my academic PhD this year, I might as well focus on another kind :) I want to finish 5 PhDs by the end of the year.
Hi! Pyjama's sent me here. I have a list right now of 12, so I would like to commit to half of them. Six. I can do it! I think. (Some of them are pretty involved.)
I have two twinsize quilts that need doing, and one for a doll bed. Count me in!
Gulp! Gulp! I always bite off more than I can chew...I have finished about 4 tops this month so far and would like to finish those + one more that is nearly done,,,that makes 5 in 6 months..I usually handquilt,so am I crazy?? Maybe I'll try machine quilting one for kicks!
Please sign me up! My last blog entry was a list of 12 projects - some old as dirt and a few practically half done!
Hey this is Ann Marie from http://16muddyfeet.blogspot.com/
I am going to commit myself to 3, going try to do 6 but really can't commit to that right now. Not sure what 3 are going to get done, will have to go search through the pile of UFO's to see which ones are at the top of the list. I haven't been sewing for a few years now, been way too busy, but I have just about cleaned my room up and reorganized it all, and WOW I have a lot of UFO's and I want them all gone in 2011. Thanks Myra for having this challenge, it makes me do something when I have a deadline!!!
Thank you for having this blog, it is an incentive to finish off some of our quilters UFO's. Please sign me up as I definitly have 3 projects that I want to finish. I am Joan Pental from maggiemaes-maggiemae.blogspot.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
I am planning on participating but noticed that I forgot to sign up! I'm such an airhead. Since I work outside the home and also have a commission quilt to do, I am only going to put down one (1, uno, single!!) I NEED to get that quilt done. Once it is done I can work on the other UFOs. I will have a list up on my blog by tomorrow or Friday.
Post a Comment